Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, September 8, 2008

Drag and Drop Files in Google Chrome

It was never easy to upload files or attachments using web browsers. You need to click on a button, navigate to the files you want to upload and select them. Very cumbersome.

But with Google Chrome, uploading a file is significantly easier. You can now drag the file from your hard disk and drop it into the textbox that is normally reserved for the address of the file path. Sending attachments are now no longer time consuming exercises!

Here are the step-by-step guidelines on how to do this:

First, select the file you want to upload.


Then, drag the file to the "Choose File" button and release your mouse!

And the file is uploaded!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safari's been doing this since its release.

gfox said...

That is pretty cool. I found a Firefox add on that does the same thing:

http://www.teslacore.it/wiki/index.php?title=DragDropUpload

media boy said...

there are so many advantages and features with Chrome, such as it's speed, for example; now if only they would take care it's quirky cookie management...

charlie said...

It's very strange because in the opposite way it won't works:
I can't drag a picture from GC to photoshop! But it works to the desktop .And some time i can't copy text from GC to photoshop. Very strange

Soon Hui said...

charlie,

hmmm, maybe you would like to improve the Google Chrome so that it contains this feature? That would be useful :)

SKORPiO said...

I have no idea how you do it. I doesn't work for me. I see the red line in a circle when I drag a file over attachment space :( I try many times, my aim can't be that much off.