Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, July 4, 2008

Streamyx Problem?

My internet connection these few days was very bad, to say the least. There were and there are a lot of websites that I can't access all the time.

One of the websites that went down frequently is dzone. Things wouldn't have been worse if I didn't install the dzone voting widget on my blog. With the dzone voting widget installed, every time dzone is down, my blog will load at a snail pace. Who wants to read a slow blog? Dzone's downtime has costed me dearly in terms of readership.

Or maybe dzone was up all the time. It's just that I can't access dzone. or rather, the Streamyx users can't access dzone.

Streamyx is not exactly a good ISP. Its service is poor; it throttles BT download speed, ostensibly out of the reason to protect the interest of the non-BT users ; the technical support sucks, on par with Digi.

For the past few days, we witnessed once again how poor Streamyx service was, when we, the Streamyx users tried to read the latest explosive news on MalaysiaKini and other political websites. Given this, I won't be suprised that as a bonus, streamyx didn't allow its users to access a innocous programming website. Whether there was any political motivation involved, I can't tell, lest I get myself into trouble.

Maybe dzone's problem is not Streamyx fault. But given that Streamyx is so poor in its service, I have to assume that it is guilty until proven innocent. Sorry, my dear Streamyx.

Respect and trust are earned; once lost, it's hard to regain them.

2 comments:

koko_lolo said...

i use streamyx always lost connection after afew min i use
at whole night starting6.30pm till 10.am huh...sure cant use connection ihav call tehnical support 4 times but nothinghappen as they say reset modem

Anonymous said...

yes agreed totally, they are totally sucks!
I experienced continuing in coming bills showing monthly usage, and happened that their system is totally awesome and so "changeh" that it can detect still the usage even I have shifted 4 years ago.
See!!! How their services work out? Bros, you guys better watch out your bill of "Combo Package", lot of catch in there, and sometimes bills get subortaged!!! by them..
Am thinking of switching to P1, anyone got better feedback of this P1 services, was it good?