Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Down for Everyone, or just Me?

Dear frustrated friends who can't access your favorite websites ( especially Streamyx victims),

I know how hard it is on you when your favorite websites crash, dead, unable to respond to your queries. I know you are angry-- but you may not know to whom you should direct your anger at, whether at your ISP ( such as Streamyx, which is notoriously bad for the service), or the website hosting provider.

Luckily for us, there is a website that allows us to check whether the outage is confined to us, or to everyone else with an Internet connection.Using this web app, I can tell that only me who is facing dzone outage now, whereas everyone else on this world cannot access Malaysia Today. Although it doesn't really help me to solve the website crash problem, at least I have a sense of in control because I have more information.

So Streamyx, don't pray pray. If you try to censor websites for whatever reasons, we know.

We can find out.

No comments: