Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Technorati API Service

I built a web application that allows one to check the incoming links of blogs. Since this service is dependent on Technorati, so if Technorati went down then there went the service as well. Unfortunately Technorati web service is not so reliable these days. So what you get, when you query your blog's link, maybe this:


A system down notification.

When I contacted the Technorati Support, the reply I got was "there was no problem in accessing the API query". Well, I hoped that it was the case. But in fact the Technorati API service was very, very unstable, which means that sometimes you could get the service and other times didn't. Maybe the Technorati people accessed the query at the right time, I don't know.

Not only that, the Technorati blog reaction widget is also not working on my site. And it is not working on CodingHorror site as well. This problem persists for at least 4 days already.

As a popular website, and not forgetting that its competitor is the forbidable Google, Technorati should do better than that, really.

No comments: