Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Upgrade from 6.0.1 to 6.0?

I downloaded a copy of Advanced Installer this morning. Advanced Installer is now in version 6.0 and I am very satisfied with the quality of the software and the promptness of the technical support. We use Advanced Installer as our packaging program since we migrated to .Net platform, and we are pleased with the ROI we got ( I am going to write a review of the software in the future if I have the time and the inclination).

Now, I wanted to include a new dialog box into our Advanced Installer projects. Since our build server is always occupied, so I downloaded a fresh copy of Advanced Installer so that I can try this task on other machine. When I launched the program, the title bar displayed "Advanced Installer 6.0.1 Freeware". I was a bit taken aback, 6.0.1? As far as I know, the official version of Advanced Installer is only 6.0.

Then the AutoUpdater prompted me to upgrade to 6.0.

Huh? Upgrade from 6.0.1 to 6.0?

After clicking Next, the updater told me that I couldn't update because of "Wrong File Size". Not sure what happened, probably there is a bug.


Anyway, Advanced Installer is a great software company, so I expect it to fix the problem in no time :).

*This problem was fixed a few hours after I reported the problem. Good job, Advanced Installer team!

No comments: