Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Common Sense, a thing that is wanting

According to wikipedia, common sense is defined as

beliefs or propositions that in their opinion they consider would in most people's experience be prudent and of sound judgment, without dependence upon esoteric knowledge or study or research, but based upon what is believed to be knowledge held by people "in common". .

Common sense, as it definition implies, should be "common" enough for everyone to have it. But sadly, in reality, a lot of us display little or no common sense when dealing with our everyday action, thinking and behaviour. So this blog is all devoted to common sense, and some scientific thinking. It is my hope that I can gradually accumulate my thoughts on this paramount important issue through an online diary, and of course I hope that anyone who stumbles across this blog will find my writing entertaining and enjoyable.

Of course, besides scientific thinking, I will be posting about my own job as well-- software engineering. Software engineering, despite its name, is not exactly an engineering discipline. This I will talk about in other posts.

No comments: